Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Hindi Song I Heard




This was the first Indian song I ever heard. It was actually performed at Calvin College's Rangeela event when I was in middle school. At that time I tried to burn the song into my memory, because I liked it and I was afraid I would never be able to find the foreign song again. But memory faded quickly, and for at least 7 years all I could remember was a chorus of "dola re dola re dola re dola.." Who could have predicted that since then I would not only find the song, but through Indian friends and classes I would come to understand the Hindi lyrics? And who could have guessed that two Michigan friends would be dancing in future Rangeela events? If none of this could be predicted in those years, then who can say how much further we'll go in the future experiencing what we never thought we'd find..

No comments:

Post a Comment